LEVYdance’s annual Summer Intensive is June 5-7, 2018, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day at LEVYdance’s SoMa studio.
Drawing from her experience as award-winning stage designer in the United Kingdon, LEVYdance Executive Artistic Director Garance Marneur will lead the practical and theoretical workshops, along with LEVYdance Company Artists Chinchin Hsu, Michaela Burns, and Keanu Forrest Brady.
The three-day contemporary intensive will focus on a curriculum of technique, partnering, repertory, and performance practice.
• Performance practice investigates awareness and presence, bringing together who we are as dancers and who we are as individuals, fostering a richer and more authentic performance experience.
• LEVYdance technique concentrates on the principles of momentum, weight, impact, and detail.
• Practical exercises provide each participant the opportunity to source original movement and discover a collaborative approach to creation.
• LEVYdance partnering plays with momentum and weight to create new physical and intentional relationships with two or more dancers in space.
The intensive will provide students a rigorous setting to:
• explore movement patterns and how to expand beyond them,
• discover how to fill the stage and studio with presence,
• investigate how to physically communicate an authentic experience, and
• collaborate to provoke a creative process across multidisciplinary practices.
Registration is $250. For more information, and to book your three-day intensive, visit levydance.eventbrite.com. Early Bird registration of $200 is available until May 24, 2018.